How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hellol im really concerned that the judge will not grant full

This answer was rated:

Hellol im really concerned that the judge will not grant full custody of my stepdaughter to het father.She has been staying with us for a month since her mom beat her up while under the influence of alcohol.We took pictures and filed a report,we also told he's daughter we were going to file for full custody, and she said yes ok and that she was sacred to go back.This is not the first time shes put hands on her and verbally abused her,saying she was a burden and that she was holding her back,also that she wished she lived with her father.Recently both parents went to mediation,and she agrred to sll of he's requirements for her to go to aa clases,anger management before she even got supervised visits.But after they talked my stepdaughter told mediator she didnt want to live with herfsyher because she missed her mom.So her mother saud she no longer agreed to he's terms the child is back with mom! but we have court monday how will the judge rule on this matter!
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately, there is no way to predict how the judge would rule in any case.

Can you please let me know what is your specific legal question for me?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
legally can a child go back to an abuse parent, even if the child is still a minor
Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, the answer to your question is not a simply "yes" or "no.

How old is the minor child?

Did the court order temporary custody yet?
Is your husband this minor child's biological father?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes , he is
Thank you for your follow up.

Can you please tell me if your husband or the mother is represented by a local child custody attorney?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
neither have an attorney
Thank you for your follow up.

Can you please tell me what type of court hearing do you have on Monday?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
judge will hear both sides and make hes judgment
Thank you for your follow up.

Basically, the judge will hear testimony from both sides and also will review all the evidence of any child abuse any also will examine which parent is more fit to be a custodial parent and the judge will make a custody decision based on what would be in the best interest of your minor stepdaughter.

It is also possible that the judge will award a temporary child custody to one of the parents and will order further psychological evaluation of the child and also might order the state CPS to examine living conditions related to both parents.

If the final custody decision is not made by the court on Monday and the child custody case is continued it would be a very good idea for your husband to hire an experienced local child custody attorney. Also it is an option for your husband to ask the court for continuance of the hearing, so your husband can hire a local attorney to represent him, since your husband and the mother of the child were not able to come to an agreement on the child custody of their minor daughter.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Alex J. Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you