How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are divorced recently. We have joint legal custody and my

This answer was rated:

We are divorced recently. We have joint legal custody and my kids father has physical custody. when he does not involve me in certain decisions esp when its kids' time to visit me, what can I do?
Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What state was the divorce in?
2. What do you meant when you say that he is not involving you in decisions?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We are in the state of GA.

He sends then to camp Orr to friends' home when it's time for visitation without discussing with me .

Good afternoon,

Thanks for the additional information.

By making plans for the children while they are supposed to be in your custody for visitation, and by not turning them over to you as required under the child custody/visitation order, he is violating the order.

You will want to file a Motion for Contempt and inform the court that he is violating the court order. The court will order that he abide by the order and if he does not, the court can fine him or even jail him for contempt.

The court may also modify the custody order so that he may not make any plans for the children during any times that you will be entitled to have them with you---without your prior permission. That should help protect your time with the children as well.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,


LawTalk and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Thanks again.


When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.