How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my cheapest options of getting off of supervised visitation?

This answer was rated:

What are my cheapest options of getting off of supervised visitation? I have family in a different state yet can't have my son without my mother present. I have been doing everything possible to court order for 8 years. And I have another child I support by myself and am never late on my child support for him. I also don't live in that county that order was in for the last 5 years. Anything I can do?

Virginia Lega Aid has an interactive online system that can help you put together the necessary forms to ask the court for a change of custody and/or visitation (click here).

If you have been engaged with your child and paying support for eight years, and there have been no problems, then I do not see any reason why a court would not grant you unsupervised visitation.

If you would like to see if you are eligible to obtain free legal representation, then click here.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
socrateaser and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions