How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16379
Experience:  13 years experience, divorce & custody issues, protective orders, child abuse issues
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Could you tell me if their is anything I can do to move along

This answer was rated:

Could you tell me if their is anything I can do to move along a decision from a Magistrate in a Child Support Modification initiated by my ex?

Court date was May 24, 2013 of which my Ex and his attorney's case was diminished by my testimony and key witness about hiding income, assets and being voluntarily unemployed. As of today no decision from the Magistrate.
This case was a circus at best but did what I could on Pro se and using legal advice from attorney's on the different avenues of full discovery process.
The Magistrate exhibited being prejudice against me early on in the discover, I asked for a recuse. He refused on the grounds I didn't get my recuse motion notorized and felt there wasn't evidence, when there was plenty?
So here I am waiting for a decision I feel is being drawn out since the Petitioner my ex's case is weak after our day in court.
What are my options?
I was told the clerk is the one who handles the Magistrate's schedule and she could be putting it on the back burner due to her relationship with my ex's council?
Do I call and ask her what is going on? Do I send a letter to the head Judge in that division asking for him to look into what is the hold up?

Thank you for the help?

Hello there


I am sorry to hear about this situation. At this point, your best bet is to contact the clerk of court's office at the court where the hearings have been held and ask if they have any idea when the decision will be issued in the case. There could be any number of reasons for the delay and right now it has only been about 6 weeks -- I have seen these cases take as many as 90 days for the court to issue decisions in these cases (the courts move slowly and since your hearing there has been the Memorial Day weekend and now we are in the Independence Day weekend so that could be part of the holdup in this matter -- days off and vacations). However, it cannot hurt to call the clerk's office once a week for the next 4-6 weeks to see where the decision is and what the hold up on it is and if you do not get a definitive answer on this by the end of 90 days then you may want to take your inquiry a little bit higher to the chief judge of the court.


Please let me know if you have any further questions.




Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time. I am paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating below. Pressing the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as a trigger for Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Legalease and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you