How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 39045
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received response on interrogatories from wife. They contain

This answer was rated:

I received response on interrogatories from wife. They contain false statements. What's the next step? Meaning that now I have false statements from what are now done with them? Or how are they now used in my divorce proceedings?

At trial, you would present the false interrogatory to the witness while she is testifying, and have her confirm on the record that she made this statement. Then, you would provide evidence showing that her interrogatory response was materially false. Then you would ask the court to order your spouse to pay the reasonable costs associated with your having to disprove the false statement at trial. You would also ask the court to hold your spouse in contempt of court for providing "obviously false testimony."

The court would hold your spouse in contempt and assess an appropriate fine or other sanction.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you