How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am a military member i trying to figure out what i need to

Customer Question

i am a military member i trying to figure out what i need to pay for child support or how much would they make me pay. Annually i make 22,953.88 monthly i make 2193.00. I send my daughter's mom $300.00 a month for my baby. and she is telling me she spends by herself more than what i send for the baby, on the baby and that brings it to 600$ a month but i just would like to figure out how much would it be for child support. i dont know if you need this info but my daughter is 3 going on 4 in september
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to at least provide you with a better estimate of your potential obligations.

If I may clarify, is the child located in Maryland or elsewhere? In what state did she file for support, if she filed at all? All states have different calculations, I just want to be sure I obtain the right numbers for you in this instance, thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she is in baltimore ,MD and she did not file but she was talking about it because she wasnt satisfied . but she wont until i tell her im okay with it she think i dont have any costs here and that im sitting on money and im not

Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.


Thank you for your follow-up. It is most unfortunate that quite a few custodial parents think that way, when they may not be providing for the child on their own, or not in any significant manner.

If you go to this link below, you can use their site to estimate obligations. I assumed that the mother did not have any income, and that she had full custody, which all increase your potential support. Based on their estimate, your monthly obligation appears to be $428 but if she is working or you share custody, that amount can decrease. You can use the form yourself to see what your obligation may be otherwise"

Hope that helps and please let me know if I can assist you in any other way.

Related Family Law Questions