How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a court order through California, in 2005 I have been

This answer was rated:

I have a court order through California, in 2005 I have been living in Arizona since 2005 with my daughter. I have joint physical custody and my ex-husband has not seen her in 7 years nor does he call her. My question is, that in the court order I am suppose to be able to get ahold of him regarding our daughter, he is in the military and any out of pocket cost for medical or dental we have to spit the cost, however I can not get ahold of him I have sent e-mails, called he will not return my e-mails or calls so he can pay his half with is court ordered. What do I do if he wont pay his half and I cant get ahold of him to have him pay his Half? I CC all the e-mails to myself so I can have proof that I have been trying to communicate to him about paying his half. What can I do?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry to hear that you are in this situation. Where is he serving, in what state is he located in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he is in the Navy and is living in California


Thank you for your follow-up. One potential suggestion here may be to consider contacting the California Department of Child Support Services. Since the order is from California and he is located there, you can contact them, domesticate the order, and compel them to pursue him for payment. You can start the process at the link below:

The other option is to simply file, in Arizona, a formal motion to compel after filing a petition to change the venue over to your location. The motion to compel will demand that he comply with the decree as it is written. If he still fails to comply then you can upgrade the motion to a petition for contempt of court order. That would permit the judge to admonish, fine, or even jail him, which will absolutely affect his military service--the fact that he is serving does not grant him protection from being pursued in court for what he is required to provide you on behalf of the child.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you