How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Superior Court of CA, LA Cnty, E. Distric Family Law I am

This answer was rated:

Superior Court of CA, LA Cnty, E. Distric Family Law

I am going to file a Motion to Quash Service, found a pleading template, beginning of template has a hearing date/time.

i have the pleading ready save one section below.

Do I need to get a hearing date from the court before filing this or do they assign a hearing date for the motion and apprise the parties? Do I fill in these blanks or the court?

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on _________________, at ___________M., or as soon after that as the matter can be heard, in Department _____ of the above-entitled court located at 400 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, POMONA, CA 91766, Specially Appearing Respondent

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am working on your answer now and will post it here shortly. Thank you for your patience while I prepare your answer.

Hello again, Calvin.

You would typically complete the form yourself after contacting the clerk of the court where you intend to file the motion and obtaining a hearing date for the motion. The court would not normally complete such a form for one of the parties, so you would need to complete it yourself once you have a date/time from the clerk.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!


Tina and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank Yoiu

You are very welcome, Calvin, and good luck to you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.


Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Aren't you Tina Baker from Phoenix?

No, I'm not. The site does not permit us to have contact outside of this forum based on the TOS we both agreed to. I'm sorry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That's ok, you do look a lot like her that's all. she was my ethics professor in college and we are connected on linked in, I just thought by chance. Thank You again for your help. I can't get a human on the phone at the clerks office to schedule a hearing for 2 days now. All they have are 1 info line after another and none get to a clerk. Can't even leave a call back number. Totally worthless. I give up.

I see. No, I'm not that Tina. :)

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty contacting the clerk of the court. You may want to go to the court with the document in hand and complete it after getting a hearing date. That would be the only other option if you cannot reach them by phone.

You are welcome and good luck!