How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know about our chances on terminating the Biological

Customer Question

I need to know about our chances on terminating the Biological Father's Parenting Rights?

We live in New Berlin WI and I am re-married to a hard working man that sees my son as his own. the Biological Father (BF) has not been in his sons life for more than 2 years and has not paid any child support in that time frame either. The BF is about $5,000 behind on child support and has not been involved in his sons life during the 2 year time frame. He has no job, no car or his owe place to live other than staying with family members. Currently the BF visitation is suspened, pending motion of the court by him, which he has not done since March 15th 2011. We are currently in court on terminating the BF rights so my sons Step Father (SF) can adopt him. We already did the Home Study and the G.A.L. has met with us and are in favor of me and my husband, but the G.A.L. still needs to meet with the BF. I am looking for a piece of mind that this whole process will go in mine and my husbands favor.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I suggest that your chances are very high that the rights will be removed so there can be an adoption.


Most times the thing that holds it up is that there is no one willing to adopt the child and become financially responsible. But you have that covered.

If the BF has an arrearage, you may agree to let it go or you may demand that it be paid. Once the rights are terminated, however, all accruals stop.

Related Family Law Questions