Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

ARiZONA- I need help in knowing wht form I need to ask for

a conference/evidentiary hearing in a...
ARiZONA- I need help in knowing wht form I need to ask for a conference/evidentiary hearing in a family court case for enforcement of back child support. I had a hearing on modification which the other party's laeyer asked for but his lawyer asked for the hearing for the mod. but not for the enforcement(conveniently). No one at the court will help and I do not know what form exactly to file with the clerk so they can set a hearing.
7/1/2013
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good morning Monique,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Not all counties in AZ put out forms for all purposes. While I can give you a form for enforcement of the support order that you can modify for your county, if I knew the county your case was in perhaps I can give you a form already for your county.

What county is your case in?

Doug

I am in Maricopa county. Someone in the family court office emailed me a form but i said motion to set and certificate or readiness. Im not sure if this is the right one since its not a trial, but a confrence and hearing I want.

Good afternoon Monique,

Great, I can help you. I grew up in Maricopa County---way back when. Cool

The court there is Maricopa county has forms ready for your use. All you need to do is download them, fill them out and then file and serve them. There are even instructions for your use in filling them out.

Here is a link to the packet of forms and material that you will need to file your petition:

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/sscDocs/packets/drese1.pdf

Here is the link to the Maricopa County court forms site for enforcement of support:

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/SuperiorCourt/Self-ServiceCenter/Forms/FamilyCourt/fc_drese1.asp

Your filing of the forms will not result in either a trial or a conference hearing, but rather a Motion herring. It won;t take but maybe 10 minutes and while you can have an attorney represent you, you can do this yourself as well.

As the back support is owed, then you will certainly get your order. All you need to do is fill out and file and serve this petition, and you will get your court order.

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,

Doug

Last november I turned in a petition to enforce back support and modify support. I did not know what I was to do to that except wait for it to get processed and wait for a court date. His lawyer I guess fled for a conference/hearing (for mod not enforcement convieniently). We had the confrence/hearing for the mod, but I got a letter in the mail that I needed to ask for hearing on enforcement or it will be dismissed. I dont have a lawyer right now so I have been trying to figure out how to do it myself. Even tho I filed the petition do I need to do this one also and turn in? Do you still live in Az? Practice in maricopa county?

Hi Monique,

I no longer live in AZ, and even if I did, the Terms of Service of JustAnswer prohibit any of us lawyers from representing customers of the site.

I'm not sure what you filed last year, but as the better part of a year has passed, you need to file the forms I have given you.

You need to get these forms filled out, filed and served on the other attorney for your ex, and then ask the court to set a hearing date if they do not set a date when you take the forms into the court to file them.

I wish you the best in 2013,

Doug
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Good evening Monique,

I wanted to thank you for using JustAnswer, and to inquire whether my answer to you was helpful to your understanding of the law, as regards XXXXX XXXXX

Is there anything else that I can assist you with, please feel free to ask. If you do not require further legal information at this time, please feel free to bookmark my profile so you can request me when you do have another question. Here is a link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thank you very much and take care.

Doug
Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Monique. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law