How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child has ADHD, allergies, anxiety, depression, gatric problems.

This answer was rated:

My child has ADHD, allergies, anxiety, depression, gatric problems. But my ex refuse give the medications. My child is 10 and is been teach to take of of her medication same as been given at home, with pre-serve pill kit. (M-F am-pm). As early child she born with medical problems. First not able to communicate, she born with hearing problems, then she had bilateral ear surgery. The surgery help the hearing and place in speech therapy due speech delay. She participates on Early Child Intervention Program. Now she is able to speak well and now she is in 5th grade. The physician, psychologies, psychiatric, and family therapy provide statement of her needs as to monitor her health and provide with the medication. I did try lawyer but are getting to expensive, What can I do?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry that your daughter is in this situation. Does this happen when the child is with the ex? What is the current custodial split? Why is he refusing medication, is it a religious reason or something else?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We divorse in 2003. No religions, due to speeach therapy was on ARD, He is excuse himself of not belive on medication or amy mental health treatment.



Thank you for your follow-up. What, specifically, did your attorney try to do to get this resolved? Do you know, or you aren't sure?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So far I since early child I had 3 lawyers. This one will be the last one. God bless. On 6-8 is mediation.

6-15 a court date, actually request by my ex. I fill I have so much information medically from ER, MH, and my ex- pass I not enough information to go to a trial. If I have the total custody on medical, school right, I will be (I thing) fine.

on 2011, the ER doctor referrer to go 6 week treatment outpatient, was done but the 1rst day was in the school/treatment center. The center calls me as emergency because he refuses to treat my child. Then I did have to remove.


Now her therapy requests a high conflict divorce therapist. She did provide the name to help my child continue treatment because she is not able, because my ex will not show to his appointment with my daughter last week. Now I need to check in this new therapist on expert on high conflict divorce. My baby is in the middle of the conflict no matter with parent is right, especially as he talks..."you do not need medication, you're not stupid, or repeat as he said at the teacher school meeting... "Other kid talk that ...she is on special (ed) education. My ex- is a bully himself. I m looking for advicate group to help but it is hard. I continue working on.



The only (two really) options you may have left would be to consider giling for a contempt of court order against the other parent, if you have a custodial decree under which he is required to provide medical care for the child. If that is missing, and you honestly believe that your child is in medical danger from his neglect and refusal to give her medication, then instead come to court and file for an emergency sole custody petition via an 'ex parte' hearing. An ex parte hearing is a hearing held usually with just one party, so if a judge is convinced by you that the other parent is somehow unfit or dangerous, then he could grant you immediate sole rights. They would last for a short time, but it would be enough for you to start a formal petition for modification of custody in your favor.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What is giling?


I am sorry, that was a typo--my apologies. For some reason my spell-check did not see it--I meant to type 'going', as in pursung a contempt of court petition. Sorry for the confusion.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Wish we have lawyers in TX like you...

Best more pro-children's advocates from the heart...

not from their pocket.

I know is time and money...


Life does not have priced...God bless you...



G_d bless you also, I hope you prevail! If you need me again, please contact me against and I will do my best to assist again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



Went this is all over with God blessing, I'm going to work hard with the organization already I did research on. Advocate for children's safety, right, and especially mental health, nothing to be a shame...

I'm a nurse and work from my heart... did work on areas no wants like to touch, or work on...a commitment.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Thanks and please keep in mind if

Do you know a lawyers in TX (Dallas/Plano/ Allen/Frisco/

Best more pro-children's advocates from the heart...not from their pocket.

I know is time and money...

Keep me post...if this is allow...


My apologies but I really cannot refer you to other attorneys as it would violate site rules. What I can suggest is you consider browsing the listings at and for competent counsel, but I personally cannot directly speak on their behalf. Hope that helps.