Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

how long does child custody mediation take? Is it resolved

Customer Question

how long does child custody mediation take? Is it resolved in one day
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

My name is Lucy and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

It is theoretically possible for child custody mediation to be resolved in one day, but there isn't any way to guarantee that this will happen. It really depends on the parties and the facts of the case. If there is substantial evidence to be presented, with multiple witnesses, it could take longer. Even where the evidence is all presented in one day, the mediator may take a few days to make a decision. If the mediator wants to spend time questioning the children, that can make it take longer. In some cases, there are multiple meetings with the mediator. There are a lot of factors that make it difficult to give a set time frame. The mediator may be able to give a better idea of how long it will likely take to get a decision.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.