How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11806
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Florida (Homestead , Fl 33032) and have been trying

Customer Question

I live in Florida (Homestead , Fl 33032) and have been trying to stop my child support on my 23 year old son. And all the Gatesville, texas court is giving me the run around . What is more that I can do to terminate my child support to my adult son.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

And I am sorry you are getting a run around. But can you please tell me what that means exactly? What is Texas saying you still need?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They aren't telling me nothing other than the judge doesn't want to stop the child support.. Case is at the Coryell County District (52nd) court @ the City of Gatesville, 29060...I've sent my ex wife and citation notifying her of my intensions to terminate my child support.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.



Thank you. Well that does not make any sense.

Does you divorce degree say you have to pay while the child is in college or anything like that beyond the age 18?


Are your wages being garnished?

And you file the Motion to Terminate ?

Related Family Law Questions