How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116710
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My former attorney did not send me copies of court rulings

Customer Question

My former attorney did not send me copies of court rulings in the family court. Is there a way to access these online? Superior Court of California, Paso Robles
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Here is the online case search for the Paso Robles courts and if the case is not on there, you have to go to the family court clerk and they have to pull the actual case file for you to get the records you are seeking.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was served an OSC for Contempt - not paying child support.

I am not guilty. Other than pleading "not guilty" , do I file a Contempt Case against my former spouse for medical, dental, psychological, etc. expenses that he has failed to reimburse 50% of (per the Judge's order)? These amounts are in excess of what he claims I owe him.

There is also an order ordering him to pay my attorney fees for $5,000 that child support from me was to be deducted froml. The amount ordered has not been satisfied.

So do I file a Contempt Case or do I wait for a court date from the "Not Guilty" plea.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
You need to file an actual written objection to the Order to Show Cause and in your objection you need to explain why the OSC should not be granted. If your ex has not paid what he was ordered to pay, you can file your own OSC for what he has not paid, including your attorney's fees. You do not wait for the court date to plead "not guilty," this is a civil matter you have to file a written objection and explain why it should not be granted and why it is incorrect.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was told by a Just Answer attorney NOT to file a response, that I had to show up and plead "not .guilty" and they'd set a court date and appoint me an attorney

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I respectfully disagree with that, as does at least one other attorney from this site. You need to file an objection to the OSC and why the other expert told you otherwise I have no idea unless they believed you would not be able to do so. The only time they will appoint you an attorney is in a criminal case, not on a family court OSC in most cases, but I do not agree that you should do nothing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The hearing is Thursday! Can I still file an objection?

The other attorney told me the "not guilty" plea when I asked how long I had to respond to this false OSC.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
No, it is too late now and you will have to appear and you can just inform the judge you are not guilty and be prepared to state your objections, but in a family court OSC it is not like a criminal OSC and they do not appoint you an attorney unless the court is planning on putting you in jail (which is not likely on a first OSC).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I cannot rate your answer until tomorrow when I unfreeze my account. Thank you.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. That is fine.