How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a party gets an OFP, and ultimately it not only gets dismissed,

This answer was rated:

If a party gets an OFP, and ultimately it not only gets dismissed, but denied, Can they refile on the same grounds in a border state?

mmdesq :

Good Morning:

mmdesq :

If the divorce was completed under the jurisdiction of WI Court it would need to be filed in WI. A Motion to transfer could be filed since both parties now reside in MN. However, regardless of where the matter is finally heard, WI law would apply for resolution of any issues or allegations.

mmdesq :

Good Luck. I Hope this is helpful.

mmdesq and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions