How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What if my daughter will not sign proof of being served by

This answer was rated:

What if my daughter will not sign proof of being
served by me (her eviction)? How do I prove I served her?
Can I serve her since its my home or does
someone else serve her? Thank you so much
for your work. Dennis Napoli.
Dear JACUSTOMER - I am assuming you are talking about the initial notice for eviction and not the lawsuit. You can simply hand her the notice and if necessary you would have to testify in court that you served her in person. This will only be necessary if she refuses to move and you have to file a suit and have a court hearing. If you file a suit then you have to have her served and I would recommend having her served in person by a court appointed process server. If you are going to hand her the eviction notice you may want to have someone else present to verify that you handed her the notice in case she lies in court and denies that you served her. Hopefully that answers your question but if you have anything else please let me know. I may be going off line for the evening but I will respond as soon as possible tomorrow.
Dave Kennett and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for the information.

No problem and thanks for using our service - Dave