How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I in California. My soon to be ex was awarded temporary

This answer was rated:


I in California.
My soon to be ex was awarded temporary support from me yesterday. I net 5648.00 a month . She was awarded 3800.00 . The balance won't pay my apt, car, food ,utilities and sons tuition ( he's 18 in college he lives with me)

Is this fair? can I appeal the ruling?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Good grief, why so high? Does your wife not work herself? That is absolutely too high--usually even temporary support is about 15% to 30% of the difference in earnings between the parties, not about 70% of your money which is outrageous. Please consider speaking with an attorney to file a motion for reconsideration and then a petition to modify based on hardship. I truly cannot understand where the judge would have obtained this amount unless your spouse was able to show or convince the judge that you have other significant side revenue coming in that is not related to your basic income.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you