How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28366
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im going to court so I can get child support for my 3 kids.he

This answer was rated:

I'm going to court so I can get child support for my 3 kids.he has money and a lawyer I don't have money or a lawyer.i need help
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Do you currently have custody of the child? Has custody been ordered by the court or do you and him just have an outside agreement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The kids are always with me.he just takes them for 1 day in a half when he feels like it.and takes the car also
Thank you for the additional information. Child support is based upon the needs of the children. If he only occasionally takes the child for a day and a half when he feels like it, the Judge is going to order that he pay child support. I have provided for you below, a link with all the information you will need, along with statutes, case law and codes, to support your position and be able to obtain support. If you obtain counsel, they can always ask that you be awarded attorney fees if your prevail but they are likely going to require that they be paid up front and not have to worry about collecting, in the event it is ordered and he fails to pay.

In addition, here is a child support calculator for you to use, to get an idea of how much he will need to pay.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Also I had a car and he took it and traded it in for a family car.and when he takes the kids he also takes the I don't have no transportation when he the kids and the family car.and he already has a car so he keeps both cars because he says he pays for them.but he traded my car. Shouldn't I be left with a car?
If you owned the car and it was in your name, how did he trade it in when it belonged to you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He said we needed a family car since we had 3 kids.but he already had a car and he had friends in the dealer ship that did it for him.
You certainly could have a legal basis to try and recover the value of the car, if he traded it in without your permission and you were an owner and on title. Moreover, the dealership could be in trouble as well, if there was fraud. This would certainly be something to address with the court as well.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Last time he took the kids he came with his father and took the car with the kids and wouldn't let me go get food before he took the car.while his father blocked me in the driveway with his car.
If you owned the car, he had no legal right to sell it, without your permission and consent. Plain and simple. If he sold it and did something unethical at the dealer, both he and dealer could be liable to you for damages.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can I reach you if I have anymore questions please. I really don't know what to do when he comes over and verbally abuse me,and mentally abuse me
If he comes over and you fell threatened and want him to leave, you need to call the police. You may also seek to obtain a restraining / protective order against him, to keep him away if he is abusive. Yes, you can always come back and ask a follow up question as needed. Before you leave, please remember to rate my help with 3, 4 or 5 faces, so I can get credit for my answer.
FamilyAnswer and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you