How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband violated our divorcee judgement by not following

This answer was rated:

my husband violated our divorcee judgement by not following its terms..he did not assist and cooperate with me in refinancing a property I received in settlement, causeing me to end up in a lengthy litigation with bank for fraud in the mortgage...also, owed me a lump some on a property sold after divorce and convinced me to take a second trust deed on it..parties have since defaulted on second..also, he admitted to earning a large bonus which he didn't disclose before divorce was final..this is California..I am pro per..what is simplist way to file a motioon including all these issues to preserve some time limitations
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*


Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!


You may consider bringing a contempt action to compel your ex to adhere to the order and bring the mortgage current.

Generally speaking, when someone violates the court orders they are considered to be in contempt of court. To enforce your rights one typically would file a motion for contemp. In that motion you indicate what the orders are and how he has violated them.

Here are the links to the California forms typically used - please note that instructions follow the form:

I would be glad to respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.
Ellen and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you..the divorce settlement reads that he will cooperate with in arranging future refinancing on mortgage I inherited with property I received in settlement..I had that put in because he is a realestate expert, kand I am not..he directed me to a mortgage broker who I found out had her license revoked in California for egrigous actions

That makes sense – you may also have an action in negligence for negligently referring you to the mortgage broker that had her license revoked. I suggest that you meet with local counsel fully investigate the situation and to discuss this possibility