How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am at family court and judge asked both parents to go see

This answer was rated:

I am at family court and judge asked both parents to go see child's therapy. My question whatever we talk or I talk, is kept confidential? Or because my child's therapy, it will be produced to court?

AttyCBradford :

Hello whatever you talk about is kept confidential under the HIPPA laws. What sate are you in? I can look up specific questions. For instance, in CA the code of civil procedure specifically states that neither parent, attorney nor medical professional can reveal such information without the consent of both parents

Customer: We live in NY. Temporary, judge swiched to father physical custdy and joint disition making stay. How about if judge order, or asking this thapapy's opinion, without revising conversation, therapy can not make suggestion to court.
AttyCBradford :

Generally unless the therapist is COURT APPOINTED, the therapist cannot make a recommendation to the judge. However, if the therapist was appointed by the Court o make an evaluation of the situation then yes they can

AttyCBradford :

if this is your child's normal therapist then no

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.

AttyCBradford :

Did you need further assistance? If not please accept the answer

AttyCBradford and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you