How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend recently went to court tiger custody of his daughter

This answer was rated:

My boyfriend recently went to court tiger custody of his daughter the judge awarded shared custody for the second time. With stipulations that the parents must work together. It has been less than 48 hours and she has sent us emails stating that we are keeping her from the best schools( the judge awarded us education rights ) she has berated him on the phone and most recently tonight been confrontational in front of the child. Do we have any legal action we can take at this point?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

What you are describing so far is nasty, unfair, but not yet a violation of the court order. What your boyfriend can do is inform her, via email, that he does not appreciate her tone and her actions, that she is violating the spirit of the order, and that he will no longer communicate with her other then email and if she attempts other contact, he will consider it to be harassment and will pursue a restraining order. Requesting that it all go to email will permit your boyfriend to have a written record of events. As for being confrontational in front of the child, warn her, in email, that if she does it again without grounds, you will file a petition for contempt of court order.

Hope that helps.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you