How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102601
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been indicated as the subject of a child abuse report in

This answer was rated:

Ive been indicated as the subject of a child abuse report in ny and need assistants to get the report in the register change to unfounded,what type of lawyer do i need
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. Can you please clarify:

1) Are you being falsely indicated as the victim of the abuse; or
2) Are you being falsely indicated as the instigator of said abuse?

Are you a parent and is this part of a CPS investigation of the parent-child relationship? If you could tell me more, this would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance for your clarification.

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Im a grandparent of the 8 year old child that indicated me as well as my wife and son (was in collage) at the time of the incident.I have not requested the report yet, as I had just received it on June 7th.But I unsure what I should write in the request.

Thank you for your reply, P.

what type of lawyer do i need

You need a criminal or a family law attorney. May I recommend the NY Bar referral program - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.

But I unsure what I should write in the request.

You should let the attorney handle this matter for you. At this point, it is very important to handle the matter properly, since this may have lasting repercussions. Ergo, I would not attempt to write the request and would have one's attorney do so.

Before retaining counsel, it is best to speak with at least 3-4 to find one that you feel best about. It is recommended to ask questions, such as the following, before making a decision:

-Have you had this type of matter before?
-What is your fee? Can you give me this in writing? Will you take a payment plan?
-What is your course of action here?
-How long do you believe that this will take?
-What are the strengths of my case? Weaknesses that have to be addressed?

Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your gratuity.