How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Divorce, Florida, after spouce filles and I reply to said

This answer was rated:

Divorce, Florida, after spouce filles and I reply to said suit, how long do I have beore I must file financial report,



What type of divorce is this - Contested or uncontested?


Are there children involved?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

contested, no kids, 27 years together,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

asking or alimony 1000 a month for and till, I offered 1000 amonth for 5 yrs, she countered 10 years, doing this with out attorney, but have attorney, but have not done financial yet trying to settle with out attorney , so , how long can I put this off if need be



Ok, thank you


You have 45 days from the date you were served the summons and complaint to file the Financial Affidavit.


If you need an extension, you may file a Motion for Extension to file the Financial Affidavit and state that you and she are in negotiations


Though the court might not grant it. But you can ask. OR you can simply wait until she says you have not filed it.


But the answer Is 45 days - that is 25 more days after your 20 day deadline to file your Response.

Samuel II and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you