How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother passed in January this year, her Apartment in Ukraine

This answer was rated:

My mother passed in January this year, her Apartment in Ukraine will be forwarded to me and my Minor daughter. By Ukrainian law We cannot take title to the property until 6 months after her death, in July. Legally it is still in her name. I filed for divorce in May, will that property be considered community property in my divorce?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am very sorry to hear about your recent loss of your mother and your pending divorce.

If you inherited your mother's apartment in Ukraine, it would be considered your own, non-marital property, as inheritance intended for specific spouse would be excluded from the community property.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions