How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My niece was a ward of the state and now at 18 she no longer

This answer was rated:

My niece was a ward of the state and now at 18 she no longer is. How do we get documentation for school to prove that she was a ward of the state?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you wth your concerns.

Your niece went about it the right way--the parties who would know would either be the case worker or her G.A.L. attorney. If neither responded, she can go back to curt and request that the judge order them to comply with her request via subpoena. But before that takes place, the other option would be to contact the agency directly and attempt to speak with the supervisor of her case worker--that person would have access to the case worker's data and should likewise be able to provide that information. This, hopefully, should not be too complicated, contacting the supervisor of the agency should be sufficient.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your help.



You are most welcome, good luck to you and to your niece! If you found my information to be useful, please do not forget to positively rate my answers to you at this time. Thank you!