How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28331
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If shared custody, one wk dad, one wk mom, court ordered and

This answer was rated:

If shared custody, one wk dad, one wk mom, court ordered and mom violates outside the court order, can a judge change the custody to the dad because of these violations? Mom has failed to report moving/ change of address in 7 days and did this numerous times. She's a flight risk from past history. She's changed doctor's offices w.o. dad's approval, etc. She is unstable. Dad is better parent. Please advise.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If the mother is failing to comply with the court order, she could be held in contempt. The father would need to file a motion with the court, asking the Judge to hold her in contempt and requiring her to appear and explain her actions and failure to comply. If she can not, the Judge can take actions. It will be at the discretion of the Judge, to modify the current agreement and allow the father more time/custody or threaten the mother with sanctions and other actions, if it continues. The Judge is going to always act in the best interest of the child, so if the things which the mother is doing is effecting the well being of the child, action needs to be taken. Here are forms for you to use, if needed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
FamilyAnswer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hi. I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!