How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118237
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think my Ex wife may have gotten our childrens passport

This answer was rated:

I think my Ex wife may have gotten our children's passport without my consent.

How can I find out if my kids have been issued a passport in the state of California?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You can contact the local Passport office and explain your situation and provide them proof the court did not issue an order to allow her to get a passport without your consent. If the passport office refuses to release the information without a subpoena, then you have to file a motion for an order to show cause for contempt in the court and as part of that motion you would ask for discovery and a request for production of the passport. If your ex refuses to comply, then you can get a subpoena to the Department of Homeland Security Passport Office for any passport information on the children and you can then get the court to order that the passport be held by either you or the court and they can even sanction her for obtaining the passport without their order or your consent.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you