How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed to divorce my husband in Pa prison for molesting

This answer was rated:

I have filed to divorce my husband in Pa prison for molesting our daughter it has been over 16 months since I have filed because he will not sign my lawyer says it harder because he is in prison to divorce him how can get my divorce to be over

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. I am a Pennsylvania licensed professional and will do my best to help.

I am sorry to hear that you are being held hostage. Luckily for you there is a condition under PA law that entitles anyone and everyone to a divorce, meaning that one party cannot hold out and refuse to grant a divorce to the other. However to get that divorce granted by default you would need to wait exactly 2 years from the date you filed for divorce. In essence if he refuses to sign and holds out, you would need to wait another 8 months and then file for a default divorce order. This is the fastest avenue known to you at this time under PA law, and the surest to prevail.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions