Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Hello, My sons last day of school is Thursday and it is

Hello, My son's last day of...

My son's last day of school is Thursday and it is my weekend. My exwife is telling me I need to drop my son at her house on Friday morning and then pick him back up at 6 Friday night. Why would I not keep my son through the entire weekend?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/6/2013
Meigs
Meigs, Family Law Attorney

meigs004 :

Hello, how are you today? What is the current custody and visitation arrangement? Does it provide for that?

Customer:

I have my son every Thursday over night during the school year and it states if a weekend is not mine and my son is not in school that I would drop him off at my ex wife's house. I can not find anything that states when it is my full weekend to drop him off. after all, if it is my weekend and there is a holiday on Friday, I keep my son.

meigs004 :

I understand. My recommendation to you is to follow the agreement or court order dictating what visitation and custody schedule is in place. If this is not a normal occurrence and your interpretation of the agreement is that you do not have to drop the child off, even over the other parents objection, then I would keep the child and abide by your interpretation of the agreement.

Customer:

I see. It truly does not make sense what is being asked of her..I will have to contact her again and try to explain, but it becomes a fire storm, which I am sure you have heard it all before.

meigs004 :

That is true. I would definitely try to clarify her interpretation, but if it is not your interpretation then I would not cave into the request.

Customer:

I understand and thank you so much...

meigs004 :

You are most welcome. If you do not have any other questions please feel free to provide a positive rating by clicking the smiley face and submitting!

Meigs
Meigs, Family Law Attorney
Meigs
Meigs
Meigs, Family Law Attorney