How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 30393
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was told I can disqualify a judge one time. I have had a

This answer was rated:

I was told I can disqualify a judge one time. I have had a hard time with my family law judge and I would like to motion to disqualify him. I was told this is possible under CCP 170.6. Please let me know specifically what I need to file.. an order to show cause or other. Please give me the form number in CA Family Law. Thank you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Cal. Code Civ. P., Section 170.6 does allow a party to seek a disqualification of a judge on the grounds that he believes the judge is biased and will not give a fair trial. The request is called a Motion for Peremptory Challenge.

The state court system unfortunately does not make a free form available for this situation, although you may want to check the website for your county to see if they have one (here's one for Los Angeles County). This site has more information, along with a sample that you can change to put in the name of the country where your case is being heard.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you