How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the State of Virginia, What form do I need to get my ex-wife

This answer was rated:

In the State of Virginia, What form do I need to get my ex-wife back in court for violating the property settlement agreement?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry about your difficult situation.

Can you please describe how is your ex-wife violating court ordered property settlement agreement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In the "PSA", we agreed that she would sign the house over to me, but now that I'm ready to close on refinancing the house, she wants her half of the equity, but don't want to sign anything.

Dear Clyde,

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, there is no standard form that you can use to file in court to enforce the court ordered PSA, however you can either draft yourself or hire a local family law attorney to draft Motion to Enforce Court Ordered PSA and Motion for Contempt of the Court order.

Once the Motion for Contempt and to Enforce PSA is filed with the court and copy served on your ex, you or your local attorney will be able to set your motions for a hearing before the judge and the judge will review the situation and will issue a ruling at the end of the hearing.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you