How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9368
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A couple I know, Jill and Stephen, want to get a divorce in

This answer was rated:

A couple I know, Jill and Stephen, want to get a divorce in Nebraska, Douglas County. They have one child and custody of that child has already been given to Stephen's mother. Jill and Stephen are quite poor and wanted me to find the correct petition or would it be decree for the divorce form. I read through all of forms and do not known which would apply. Also, they have no property but will be receiving a tax refund. Stephen would like for the refund to be divided between Jill and himself.
Instructions and forms for Filing for Divorce in Nebraska -- With Children But With No Custody Disputes, Visitation Disputes or Property Disputes are posted or linked at the Self Help Center page at

They will need to prepare both a Decree and one spouse will have to file a Complaint and a Vital Statistics Certificate, and the other spouse can file a Voluntary Appearance.

That page also links to the fee waiver forms.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the Excellent rating, and thank you very much for the bonus!

Related Family Law Questions