How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADY LAWYER Your Own Question
LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LADY LAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can my husband get a divorce without me signing it

This answer was rated:

can my husband get a divorce without me signing it

LADY LAWYER : Hello, Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you today. Please give me a moment to review your question and to answer you.
LADY LAWYER : Your husband can still get a divorce in the long one of you contest it but it will take him a longer time to do it.
LADY LAWYER : If you have any further questions about this, please just let me know. I am happy to keep assisting you. If you do not have any further questions at this time, would you kindly leave me a positive rating for the service I have provided you today? This will cost you nothing further to do, but it is the only way that the site will pay me for my time spent with you. Thank you so much!
LADY LAWYER : *that should say, "in the long run"--on an ipad with autocorrect :)
LADY LAWYER : Happy to answer any further questions about this.

how long would he have to wait

LADY LAWYER : that depends on how hard you make it for him. If you keep delaying things and the judge keeps making you all go back to mediation, it could be years.
LADY LAWYER : Usually though, it is about a year.

can I put stipulations in a divorce

LADY LAWYER : Depends on what they are, of course, but stipulations are allowed.

I need his benefits since my meds would be impossible for me to buy,also I would like 1/2 of his pension from his work (we were married for 33 years and he left me for another woman while I was recovering from cancer surgery

LADY LAWYER : I am so sorry to hear that. You are entitled to an equitable share of the pension for all the years you two were married. Generally, that would be half. Also, you can get benefits as well. Those are usually awarded by the court. If he won't agree to them, the court will award them as long as you ask them to.

good and thank you for your answers

LADY LAWYER : You're very welcome. I wish you all the best and that you continue to recover from your cancer.
LADY LAWYER : I have enabled the rating feature now. Thank you!
LADY LAWYER and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you