How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If parents share equal custody of a minor child , and the primary

This answer was rated:

If parents share equal custody of a minor child , and the primary parent, me , the mother, can the father give any kind of custody to a third party, such as a girlfriend?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

No he cannot. Custody of a child can only be determined by a court. That said, he may be able to allow his girl friend to babysit your child during his parenting time

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.
Ellen and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you