Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I got custody of my child 2 years ago. We are about to file

I got custody of my child 2 years ago. We are about to file for custody for my second child
I am not married. My girlfriend and I have lived together for 10 years.
When i got cusotdy of my 1st child, the child support i was paying originally was stopped and neither of us have had to pay child support for 2 years. Now that my second child is here, do I have to file 2 complaints? one for modification of child support for child #1 and 1 for custody and modification of child support for child #2
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: If the Court never gave you custody of your first child, then you only need to file one complaint for modification of custody and child support for both children. Otherwise, if the Court has already given you custody of the first child, you need to file two complaints: (1) Modification of Child Support for first child. (2) Modification of Custody and Support for the second child.