How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Child abduction out of country

This answer was rated:

My friend signed a notarized form which stated that her daughter would be in Lebanon with her ex husband for 15 days and that she agreed to the time frame (May 15th to May 30th) as well as the out-of country trip.
It has been 10 days and she cannot reach her ex or her daughter by phone- I understand that this is a war zone, but we fear he has kidnapped her.
Who do we contact for help?
You can contact the US Embassy there at (961) 4 542600 (regular number) or 543600 (emergencies), see
to see if they were enrolled there on arrival.

If the notarized permission expires with no contact from them, the Embassy should be able to assist you in notifying the Lebanese authorities.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I found this while I was waiting:

Perhaps you can better help someone in the future with a little more research.

Thank you for your time.

Related Family Law Questions