How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I do when my divorce lawyer ( who is now under investigation

This answer was rated:

What do I do when my divorce lawyer ( who is now under investigation on various charges ), after having to withdraw representing me for personnel reasons does not return escrow money given to pay my ex wife's interest in property.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

What is the amount of money that this attorney is refusing to return to you or forward to your ex-wife?

Have you filed a Bar complaint against this attorney?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the amount $ 110,000.00 The attorney involved has been charged and going to trial in July. Wife already convicted on 4 counts 1.5 million. Do to my friendship and continued promises to be paid back I have not done anything.

Thank you for your follow up.

If this attorney had been charged with a criminal felony charges, it would be a good idea for you to file complaint with the Massachusetts State Bar related to the money that were held in trust account for your ex-wife by this attorney and also you would need to consult with a local legal malpractice attorney who can evaluate your claim for potential civil lawsuit against this attorney for the money that might have been stolen or misappropriated from you by this dishonest lawyer.

It is extremely important for you to establish your legal claim against this attorney, so your rights to any compensation or criminal restitution for the money stolen can be secured and a local legal malpractice attorney can help you in this process.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you