How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16720
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through a divorce in CA. My Ex has an attorney and

This answer was rated:

I am going through a divorce in CA. My Ex has an attorney and let mine go. I want to file the finale judgement of dissolution and I keep getting told that I can not do it on my own and that I have to go through his attorny. Is this true?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Are there any contested issues?

Was a trial held in your divorce case?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Alex, thank you for getting back to me.
Nothing contested I have agreed to everything he asked for and no trial.
His attorney sent a over a judgement and addressed kids, alimony, child support and the house. I agree to it all. I forwarded all my paperwork back to his attorney and nothing has taken place. I filed for divorce back in April of 2012. His attorney has been sitting on my response as of Feb. 2013. I want to push this through.
Dear Kristy,

Thank you for your follow up.

Since your husband's attorney does have to review and approve the final judgment and also you would have to coordinate a court hearing at which the judge will review and approve the proposed final judgment and will order the final dissolution of marriage.

In situations such as this, it might be a good idea for you to contact your husband's attorney and coordinate a date for a case status conference before the judge and at that time all the issues and delays can be addressed and you will be able to ask the judge to instruct your husband's attorney to review and file the proposed final judgment within 30 days.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you