How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorce was final Aug.18,2010. I was married for 35 yrs.

This answer was rated:

My divorce was final Aug.18,2010. I was married for 35 yrs. I was 61. I waived spousal support stating i couldn't contact the court again for any reason. We divided things up and i thought i would be okay..however i was not in a good state of mind and wanted things over i could move out of Tuolumne County,CA. A female attorney told me that any long term wife,can always get there a possiblilty to her statement...btw she started out as my atty. but i fired her..
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

If you waived your right to seek Spousal Support in the future, and if you agreed in the divorce that the Court would not retain Spousal Support Jurisdiction, then you can't seek support now.

However, if Spousal Support Jurisdiction was retained by the Court, or if Spousal Support wasn't even mentioned in the Judgment (or settlement agreement), you would have a good chance of getting Spousal Support if you sought.

Roger and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you