How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3461
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Last June2012 my ex wife served papers on my new wife trying

This answer was rated:

Last June2012 my ex wife served papers on my new wife trying to tie her income into mine to recieve more child support. My wife owns her own business that she has had for years and I am not involved. she was ordered by the Judge to furnish over 400 documents with no just ex wife convinced the child support case worker that my wife was payin me mass amounts of money from her business . they found nothing. This causd great emotional distress on my wife and I. The child support agency also allowed my ex wife to view my wifes records including her bank statements. I assumed since this is a government agency that she would be covered under the privacy act. I am a student and I only earn 9000.oo per year. I hired an Attroney and he would not return my phone calls and he contacted me the night before court for the next day hearing. my child support was increased from 315.00 per month to 500.00 per month. I also found out when I recieved a copy of the worksheet that they used a document for a house payment of over 2000.00 per month to use on my worksheet. also my ex wife refuses to let me see my daughter. What can I do. thank you Chris Tata

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. How long ago was the child support raised from $315 to $500?


February 2013

SoloLawyer :

Thank you. Your option would have been to appeal the decision. Unfortunately, it looks like the time for appeal has passed ( usually a 30 day period). I would suggest speaking to a local attorney to confirm that you don't have the option to appeal. In an appeal situation, the case would be seem by a different judge and you could submit evidence to show that the previous Judge's decision was based on incorrect/falsified information.

Michael J, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there anything else I can do, and is there anything I can do about my ex wife refusing to let me see my daughter. She will not provide me with an address or a phone number. I forgot to mention my Attroney convinced me if I did not agree to the 500.oo per month the judge would force me to pay 790.00 per month.something is wrong with this.

thank you

If you have a custody/visitation agreement with your ex-wife and she is not following it, your remedy is to file a contempt action against her. The Judge can force her to comply with the agreement or faces fines and in some rare cases jail time.

I hope this helps,


Related Family Law Questions