How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married to a Postmaster for 31 years. He retired after

This answer was rated:

I was married to a Postmaster for 31 years. He retired after 30 years of work. We divorced four years ago. I was not given any part of his postal retirement in the divorce. Can I still undergo some procedure to get them.

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience and I look foward to assisting you with this matter today

It is not good news, unfortunately. But remember I don't make the laws and so I trust that when I am done explaining you will not hold that against me when giving a rating.

The answer is if your divorce is final then there is no recourse to go back and claim a portion of a the pension. That is something that should have been discussed with your divorce attorney at the time time.

I wish it was better news. If you have other questions, please use the continue conversation button below so I can help clarify anything you do not understand before you give your Good to Excellent Service rating. Remember that is not based on whether the answer is what you want to hear. It is based on the answer being true and correct.

Thank you

Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you