How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27186
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok I am literally BROKE... I work part time so that I am able

This answer was rated:

Ok I am literally BROKE... I work part time so that I am able to get my daughter off the bus everyday and we don't have to pay 400$/500$ for after care which we did for one month in September so I already paid my attorney 1700$ for the settlement agreement and I a, NOT gonna be able to not. With him he wants 3000k down first before he will represent me IF WE WERE GONNA HAVE TO GO TO COURT.... But in DEC. my husband paid HALF of it bc we were in agreeancento EVERYTHING he wasn't even gonna have a lawyer!!! But now someoneobv told him something to make him thnk now he shouldn't have to give me support for her.its so sad... So I probably need to go through domestics then???
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

At this point, if you can no longer afford private counsel, you have three options. The first is to contact your local legal aid office and see if they will represent you in the case. Here is a link to start with. If they can not help, then the other two options would be to go to the clerk of court yourself, request the forms and handle the matter on your own or contact other attorneys and see if they would be willing to take the case pro bono or at a reduced rate.
FamilyAnswer and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions