How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12421
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question my friend was deported to mexico andshe has

This answer was rated:

I have a question my friend was deported to mexico andshe has two kids she came back to the US and just found out her boyfriend father of her two children is cheating on her. He is threating her that he is gonna take her kids away becasue she is illegal he is also illegal. she wants to leave him since they are not married what steps should she take for custody?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Your friend will need to petition the Superior Court for a custody order. She can use the form found HERE. That would need to be filed with the court clerk. She can visit the local court clerk for any instructions on scheduling a hearing on the matter once the petition is filed, and with regard to serving her boyfriend.

Even though your friend is here illegally, that should not be an issue. The judge is not likely to ask any questions with regard to citizenship or immigration status.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!
TJ, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you