How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a deadbeat father that only pays the minimum and barely

This answer was rated:

I have a deadbeat father that only pays the minimum and barely ever pays. What can be done and how to I go about doing it?

I am an attorney wtih more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to assisting you with this matter today.

Please tell me is there a Court Order for the Child Support?

What is the amount?

How much in arrears is he?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There def is a court order in place. He only pays $500/month for 2 children...14 and 10. We don't know the exact amount but it is upward of $60,000+ and DHHS is no help and never has been. He is never suppose to receive a tax return and get one every year. Not sure why guys get to fly under the radar and get away with this stuff while I struggle.


Thank you for this information.

He can be prosecuted for being so far behind - of course, if he goes to jail then he has no job to pay anything at all. But that is a possibility

I suggest, however, that if you think more should be paid you will want to first file a modification - though if he can't pay now then the juice may not be worth the squeeze

The best thing, I think, is to contact your District Attorney and talk to them about prosecution and also have the Child Support Enforcement collect from him. If he works, they will garnish his wages, if he is getting tax returns they will be forfeited and attached and then paid to the CSE who then passes it onto you.

301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, Nebraska 68509(NNN) NNN-NNNNThat is the state office and they can ensure that your county office for CSE does its job And here is a link for more information on the CSE

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you