How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34755
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is the biological father of an illegitamate child still obligated

This answer was rated:

Is the biological father of an illegitamate child still obligated to pay child support even if the child is an adult?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an Arizona attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

It is some instances.

There are two ways to accomplish this, but it will depend on the state (the state that has jurisdiction of the original child support order)

The first is if the child is disabled. In all states, the court may order support past age of majority for a mentally or physically disabled child.

The second is for education...this is more limited and depends on the state, but in many states if the child is attending college full time support can be ordered past the age of majority
P. Simmons and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you