Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

We would like to take our daughter and her family on a vacation

We would like to take our daughter and her family on a vacation to Cabo San Lucas.
When my daughter attempted to get a passport for our 6 year old granddaughter, they were told both paternal parents had to sign. The problem is that the father is nowhere to be found. He skipped out on child support and no one knows where he is.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If the parent is unavailable and has skipped because of support, then the mother needs to fill out a statement of special circumstances and explain the reason why the other parent is not available. See: Statement of Special Circumstance. She also needs to attach any proof she has of his delinquency and any efforts made to locate him as support for her statement.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”