How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27230
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How long does it take to receive your judgement for Summary

This answer was rated:

How long does it take to receive your judgement for Summary of Dissolution of Marriage in LA County. I searched their website and it says my case is still pending. I filed on 10/23/12 and according the their website it was viewed on 4/25/13 but still says pending.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand your situation and concern. First, I want to make sure that you comply with the necessary requirements to file for this. It can only be used by a married couple that meet all the following requirements:

The parties have been married less than five (5) years as of the date of separation.

Have no children together that were born or adopted before or during the marriage and wife, to her knowledge, is not pregnant as of the date the action is filed.

Neither party has any interest/ownership in real estate.

Do not owe more than $6,000 total for debts acquired since the date of the marriage. The $6000 amount does not include vehicle loans.

Assuming you do comply, then AFTER waiting six (6) months, either party can file the document requesting that the marriage be ended. Based on that dates which you provided above, the 6 months have passed, so the court is likely waiting on your to file the necessary document to have the marriage ended. Once you do that, it will be final and the case will be closed. With that being said, call the clerk of courts this morning and double check that they have everything and if not, you should be able to obtain the necessary documents from them, to proceed at this time.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Am I supposed to mail in form FL-825? When I filed for the Summary of Dissolution of Marriage they gave me back that form and told me they didn't need it. I filled out the required sections but it was not stamped with the court name or case number. Should I still just mail that in?

That should be what you need to file with the clerk to have the judgment entered. Of course, double check and speak with the clerk before doing so, to avoid it being returned or any more delay, since I know you want this finalized already.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LA County makes it so difficult to get in touch with anyone in their court system. I filed at the Long Beach Courthouse and only get a recording.

It certainly is hard at times and gets frustrating. With that being said, go down to the courthouse where you filed and bring with you the form. They can double check the system/file to make sure everything else is in order and let you know if this is all you need to submit, for the final judgment to be entered.
FamilyAnswer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions