How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4829
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the custodial parent and I receive child support. My child

Customer Question

I am the custodial parent and I receive child support. My child has never left the state with his other parent who lives in another state. If I allow my child to go out of state, do I need to reverse the child support during the time he's with his father? What if his father refuses to send him back?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 4 years ago.

texlawyer :

Good evening. I'll be assisting you with your question.

texlawyer :

How long will your child be going out of state?

JACUSTOMER-uc60s0o6- : Well, it may be for a week or two at first.
texlawyer :

In that case, no, you will not need to alter the child support agreement.

texlawyer :

Child support can only be altered by a judge, and you would only bring the issue to a judge if the custodial situation for the child was going to significantly change for a long period of time. Under the circumstance you've described, it would not be worthwhile to alter the child support for such a short period of time, and a judge would likely not even entertain it given the time-span involved here.

JACUSTOMER-uc60s0o6- : Thank you . I see that I have been charged. The answer was fine. Sorry for the late response. I could not log in on other computers