Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

hi i filed a petition for review with supreme court and have

hi i filed a petition...
hi i filed a petition for review with supreme court and have case now has a new supreme court case # XXXXX the case web sight shows :
Case Category: Review - Civil Appeal
Start Date: 04/15/2013
Case Status: case initiated
Date Description Notes
04/15/2013 Petition for review filed
Defendant and Appellant: C.P. CRC 8.25(b)
04/15/2013 Record requested
04/17/2013 Received Court of Appeal record one doghouse ( volume 1 of 2 )

is this case being reviewed?
5/1/2013
Seattle Scott
Looks like it, otherwise the Ct of Appeals Record would not have been requested. What supreme curt rule controls your petition process?

wow... I do hope what you think is true! does the following answer your Q...

Case Summary

Supreme Court Case:S209944
Court of Appeal Case(s):Second Appellate District, Div. 7
B242831
Case Caption:IN RE V. P.
Case Category:Review - Civil Appeal
Start Date:04/15/2013
Case Status:case initiated
Issues:none
Case Citation:none

Is this a discretionary review or an appeal as a matter of right? Meaning, can the court just deny your petition without a hearing?

sorry for delay... ok what you have asked i have no idea - all i know is my appeal was denied and i now have filed for a petition for review with the supreme court....

If I knew what procedure or court rule you filed your petition pursuant to, then I could tell you what the next step would be with the court so you could anticipate what was going to happen next and when.

i could scan the doc for you - what i filed (pro per) it is about 10 pgs?

Doesn't your petition recite somewhere " I am petitioning pursuant to court rule xxxx " or something like that.

yes -

Pursuant to rule 33.3(a)(1) of the California Rules of Court, petitioner, Cara Pistoll, respectfully XXXXX XXXXX petition for review for the sole purpose of exhausting her state remedies prior to presenting her claims for federal habeas corpus relief. The case presents no grounds for review under California Rules of Court rule 28(b)(1).

A copy of the decision of the Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Division Seven, which dismissed the claims and was filed on February 26, 2013, is attached as Exhibit A.

Ok, that helps. I will check on the rules and get back to you tomorrow.

ok thank you

I am not finding those court rules. Were you using this as your form petition

http://www.lacap.com/Knowledge_Base/Documents/..%5CDocuments%5CPDF%5Csamplepetitionexhonly.pdf

My guess is the court rules have been renumbered, or can you find the text of the rules you cited?
Seattle Scott
Let me know if there is more I can help you with and feed back is always appreciated. If you are satisfied please click that I provided good service. If you do not rate my service (even if you thought it was great) I receive no credit for my work. If you want to ask questions of me specifically in the future, go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-seattlescott/
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Lawyer