How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorce for nearly three years. I have been to

This answer was rated:

I have been divorce for nearly three years. I have been to pay $900 month in alimony. At the time I was employed earn 90,000 +. I retired last June but on two contract for 75,000. At the end of June my income will be reduced by 50,000.00. My ex-wife will be graduating for College in June. She is employed. I want to stop paying alimony. The Divorce is in Beaver County, PA. I will only have$ 25,000 income of guarantee income if my contract is renewed. I am also a consultant but have no guarantee income past June 31. I presently live in Maryland. Can Legal Zoom help.
Dear JACUSTOMER - This website is not related to Legal Zoom so I have no way of telling you if they can assist. We do not represent clients from this website as we are here to answer general questions. If you paid a lawyer and the lawyer did absolutely nothing then you need to file a written complaint with both the MD and PA Bar Associations for attorney neglect. I have provided the websites below for your convenience. What needs to be done is you need to file a motion to amend the alimony amount to reflect the change in your financial circumstances. This should have been a rather routine filing for the lawyer and the amount you paid was certainly sufficient to cover the filing of such a motion. You should be able to obtain a refund of your retainer if no work was performed and hire another PA attorney since that is where the motion must be filed. Until you get a motion filed there is no way to get your alimony changed so it is important that you find an attorney willing to take your case. Here are the websites for the MD and PA Bar Associations.
Dave Kennett and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you